Thursday, March 20, 2014

NAIVE PIECE OF SQUID

I've been giving too many benefits of a doubt.
In the past, I did it because I hope that people will do the same for me.

Someone once told me that being naive is a good thing.
I have this "gift" of always seeing the good side of people, first.
And when they fuck me up, I still need more convincing that they're horrid.
That's me. Naive as fuck. VERY forgiving. I'm not proud of it.
It's a huge flaw. I want to be angry and mean too.

BUT IT'S TOO TIRING. WHERE DO YOU FIND THE ENERGY TO BE AN ASSHOLE?

Recently, after being fucked left right center, I told myself enough.
ENOUGH.

So on NYE this year, when I usually make resolutions of losing weight and saving money,
my resolution was to be more skeptic and aggressively stand up for myself.
It's fucking exhausting. I don't even hang out with people much anymore.

BECAUSE BEING SKEPTIC MAKES ME THINK THAT MOST PEOPLE ARE SELFISH AND THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT HALF OF THE TIME.

So if I'm talking to you, you don't exhaust me, much.

Worst of all is when they think they're right when they're wrong. Very wrong.
I'm not right all the time, and I know best that I'm always making mistakes and learning from them.
But the arrogance of people who constantly blame everyone else but themselves is starting to irk me.

Breathe.

Mother Theresa said:

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

If I can only be a small fingernail fraction of this. For starters, I am going to abandon my resolution of being skeptic. Please fuck me left right center, and please have a good time.

Because you don't know better.

Biggest lesson ever, if someone is capable of doing shit to others, they'll do it to you too. It's very rare they will make an exception.

Disclaimer: Blogged while feeling annoyed. Humans, some humans, whether I know them or not are still pretty cool and are constantly a source of motivation for me not to feel further annoyed. And I'm grateful for their existence.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Worlds Largest Collection of Jokes
http://plickify.com/index.php?tp=jokes